Human Rights Committee 118 Session
Published on 10 Aug 2016, 03:06 PM
17 October - 4 November 2016
Watch the session LIVE: http://webtv.un.org/
- Deadline for NGO submissions on Azerbaijan, Colombia, Jamaica, Morocco, Poland, Moldova and Slovakia is 19 September 2016
- To participate at the NGO briefings please read the NGO information note and the FAQs
- Programme of work of the 118 session available here
The Human Rights Committee is the body of independent experts that monitors implementation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights by its State parties.
The 118th session of the HRCtte will take place in Geneva, Palais Wilson from 17 October to 4 November 2016.
"NGO participation is fundamental for the Committee's work"
Review of State Reports
At its 118th session, the Human Rights Committee will review the reports of:
- Azerbaijan: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Colombia: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Jamaica: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Morocco: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Poland: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Moldova: See the webcast Part I and Part II
- Slovakia: See the webcast Part I and Part II
It will also adopt the List of Issues on:
And the List of Issues Prior to Reporting on:
General Comment on the right to life
The Human Rights Committee will continue the discussions on the draft General Comment on Article 6 of the ICCPR (Right to life). Click here for more information about the previous discussions.