Human Rights Committee - 135 session - June-July 2022
Published on 21 Mar 2022, 12:01 PM
China (Hong Kong), China (Macau), Georgia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Russian Federation and Uruguay
View of the Palais Wilson where the 135 session will take place. (photo credit) Patrick Mutzenberg
The 135th session of the Human Rights Committee will be held from 27 June to 29 July 2022. The Committee will review China (Hong Kong), China (Macau), Georgia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Russian Federation, and Uruguay. The dialogue will be public and will be possible to follow in person and online.
The Committee will also adopt the List of Issues in relation to Colombia, State of Palestine and Uganda.
The Committee will also evaluate Bahrain, El Salvador, Lithuania and Romania under the follow-up procedure to Concluding Observations.
The program of work will be available here.
Deadlines for submission of NGO written reports
- Deadline for NGO reports on States parties to be considered under the Follow-up procedure (Bahrain, El Salvador, Lithuania and Romania): 15 April 2022
- Deadline for NGO reports for adoption of list of issues (Colombia, State of Palestine and Uganda): 2 May 2022
- Deadline for NGO reports for States parties under review (China (Hong Kong), China (Macau), Georgia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Russian Federation and Uruguay): 30 May 2022
The full NGO briefing note with more information about the process is available here.
NGO briefings with Human Rights Committee members
NGO informal briefings for each State party under review and for the adoption of LOIs will be organised by the CCPR Centre, in agreement with the Human Rights Committee's Secretariat.
The dates of the briefings are the following:
- Monday 27 June, 14h: Russian Federation
- Thursday 30 June, 14h: Uruguay
- Monday 4 July, 14h: Ireland
- Tuesday 5 July, 14h: Georgia
- Thursday 7 July, 9h: Hong Kong
- Wednesday 13 July, 9h: Macao
- Wednesday 20 July, 14h: Colombia (for the List of Issues)
- Friday 22 July, 14h: Uganda (for the List of Issues)
The briefings for the review will take place in a hybrid format. The briefings for the List of Issues will take place virtually. More information on the platform and the location will be shared at a later date.
The registration deadline is 10 June 2022. Only the NGOs who have confirmed their attendance within the deadline and provided reports will be allowed to take the floor.
To register, please complete and submit this form: https://forms.gle/p3vpB1emYRa6HnNG6
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org